Assistant Financial Controller (1 fte - Amsterdam)
Ready to build bridges as a junior accountant and make a next step in your career?
As an assistant Financial Controller you will be working within the wide field of Finance on topics like creditor management, company administration, reconciliation and internal monthly reporting as well as analysis.
- Contribute to the monthly reporting to WPP in London;
- Responsible for purchase invoices, expense reports, bank, fixed assets, intercompany, OB/LB reporting other related activities;
- Maintaining and guarding SOX as well as internal procedures;
- Responsible for the maintenance and compliance of the financial systems within the company;
- Responsible for the Weekly Payment Cycle.
- Asks questions to clarify tasks & improve outcomes
- Willing to constantly learn and seek new information
- Reaches out to understand broader industry context and key business issues
- Uses data to uncover new facts and support or challenge the status quo.
- Finds creative ways of adding value to the role and promotes the understanding of the role to others
- Explores new connections & solutions under own initiative.
- Proposes new ideas and processes for Finance and internal communications
- Shows empathy & understanding for others’ priorities while still delivering on timelines
- Reaches out to contacts in the company to test ideas or gain more understanding
- Communicates clearly when extra help or support is needed.
- Delivers to agreed timelines
- Mid level education (MBO) Accountancy / Business economics with at least four years of relevant working experience or Higher Level education (HBO) Accountancy / business economics with at least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Advanced bookkeeping knowledge
- Advanced Excel user, skilled in setting up several reports
- Pro active and positive attitude
- Communicative personality, in word as well as in writing
- Excellent knowledge of the English, as well as the Dutch language
- Problem solving and hands on attitude
- Willing to walk that extra mile, no 9-5 mentality
Why you might enjoy this...
Why us? World-famous brands and National icons. You’ll be part of a dynamic, inspiring and informal environment with plenty of space for your initiatives. Creativity, empathy, team spirit, ambition and the willingness to keep developing yourself are key drivers at VBAT. If you fit the profile and are available, please send your portfolio and/or CV to our HR Manager a.i., Yill Schimmel. Acquisition is not appreciated at this time.