Financial Controller (1 fte - Amsterdam)
Are you the Financial Expert we are looking for?
Will you be the accounting anchor for the business and add value to the Finance team as a truly seasoned financial expert? Have you been working in a similar role preferably within a project driven environment? Are you ready to bring your skills in Financial Controlling to the next level and to work in an inspiring environment in an independent and dynamic role? Then stop looking and apply now:
- As accounting specialist the top responsibilities are to proved timely and accurate reporting of financial results
- Analysis of accounting activities through the knowledge and application of accounting policies and principles as well as local government regulations as international legal requirements
- Responsible for coordinating and analyzing accounting activities, managing the flow of General ledger activities
- First point of contact for the external account and tax support services
- Periodic, quarterly and year end closure processes
- Delivering of annual report finance
- Payroll controller
- Tax, VAT and CBS reporting
- System Key user
- Works on continuous improvement and picks up projects to improve financial processes and makes sure that the Finance Department is 100% compliant with global processes and controls (including SOX).
- Asks questions to clarify tasks & improve outcomes.
- Willing to constantly learn and seek new information.
- Reaches out to understand broader industry context and key business issues.
- Uses data to uncover new facts and support or challenge the status quo.
- Finds creative ways of adding value to the role and promotes the understanding of the role to others
- Explores new connections & solutions under own initiative.
- Proposes new ideas and processes for Finance and internal communications
- Shows empathy & understanding for others’ priorities while still delivering on timelines.
- Reaches out to contacts in the company to test ideas or gain more understanding.
- Communicates clearly when extra help or support is needed.
- Delivers to agreed timelines.
- Higher Level education (HBO) Accountancy / business economics with at least 10 years of relevant controlling experience on the job, preferably within an agency or project environment.
- Experience in the MarCom or Branding industry is a big plus
- Advanced bookkeeping knowledge
- Advanced Excel user, skilled in setting up several reports
- Pro active and positive attitude
- Communicative personality, in word as well as in writing
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Problem solving and hands on attitude
- Willing to walk that extra mile, no 9-5 mentality
Why you might enjoy this...
Why us? World-famous brands and National icons. You’ll be part of a dynamic, inspiring and informal environment with plenty of space for your initiatives. Creativity, empathy, team spirit, ambition and the willingness to keep developing yourself are key drivers at VBAT. If you fit the profile and are available, please send your portfolio and/or CV to our HR Manager a.i., Yill Schimmel. Acquisition is not appreciated.