HR Manager (0,8 -1 fte Amsterdam)
Wanted. Stand alone, all round and mature HR Generalist with people skills and HR expertise
This role is ideal for a mature all-round (senior) HR advisor with several years of experience in a commercial, mid-size organization / agency or a stand alone HR position of a larger global organization with max 100 employees as scope of duty. Experience within the work field of MARCOM would be a pre. This is a staff position, with no direct reports.
- Full responsibility for the effective delivery of HR initiatives across the organization. The role is operational (+/- 60%), tactical (+/- 20%) and strategical (+/- 20%)
- Responsible to support the full employee life cycle (starter-mover-leaver processes) within related HR disciplines which includes payroll, administration, recruitment, C&B, talent management, disciplinary actions, absence management, performance & development etc.
- Responsible for full personnel administration ensuring that all essential documents are processed timely and accurately
- Maintain and up-date manual and digital HR information systems i.e. PIS (ADP Perman), Intranet, secondary benefits management & car fleet management, employee handbook, maintaining monthly reporting for business trends, including sickness, pensions, costs etc.
- Provide appropriate employment law advice to senior management, highlighting potential risk and cost
- Provide support, guidance and training to managers on all aspects of day to day issues
- Project management (e.g. system implementation, C&B updates)
- Responsibility for identifying areas of risk and changes in legislation, and updating HR policies and procedures to reflect this
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance in areas such as reporting and ways of working (SOX), immigration, investigations, audits, disciplinary and grievance, mediation, personnel files
- Liaison with the Management Team in producing the annual and quarterly budgets
- Responsible for driving the quarterly and yearly performance cycle and analyzing the results along with advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits, undertaking regular salary reviews
- Working closely with various departments, in an advisory role, assisting the senior management to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates as well as maintaining a healthy recruitment network in the design branch
- Joint responsibility with the financial controller, for carrying out the monthly salary cycle
- Assists in coaching senior level management through cultural and leadership issues
- Willing to constantly learn and seek new information and solutions.
- Reaches out to understand broader industry context and key business issues
- Uses data to uncover new facts and support or challenge the status quo.
- Proposes new ideas and processes for HR and management in general, as well as internal communications
- Shows empathy & understanding for others’ priorities while still delivering on timelines
- Proven insight into legislation and developments in human resources area
- Excellent leader in conversations as well as problem solving and is decisive
- Can plan, organize and make priorities; maintains an overview
- Strong negotiator and able to persuade when necessary
- Has tact, communicates diplomatic and inspires confidence
- Extremely discrete, assertive and a good listener
- Bachelor’s Degree/HBO Personeel & Organisatie or similar required
- Proven experience as an HR manager / Senior HR Professional, at least 5 years and preferably in a stand alone position and / or agency environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks required
- MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
- Good understanding of the creative industry we operate in. Experience in this area is definitely an advantage
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills, an engaging personality
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Pro-active, positive and hands on attitude
- Excellent knowledge of English, in word as well as in writing
- Advanced Excel user, skilled in setting up several reports
Why you might enjoy this...
Why us? World-famous brands and National icons. You’ll be part of a dynamic, inspiring and informal environment with plenty of space for your initiatives. Creativity, empathy, team spirit, ambition and the willingness to keep developing yourself are key drivers at VBAT. If you fit the profile and are available, please send your portfolio and/or CV to our HR Manager a.i., Yill Schimmel. Acquisition is not appreciated.